When searching for care in the member portal, you may notice providers with a pre-checked designation. These providers were selected due to popularity among Sidecar Health members for ease of making appointments, getting invoices and for being at or below the Benefit Amount. A provider who is pre-checked is verified to offer prices for the service you searched for at or below the Benefit Amount. When a service is at or below the Benefit Amount, there will be no costs once you meet your deductible (if applicable).
These providers do not comprise a network, rather they are choices available to you when deciding where to access care. This curated selection of providers is based on where you live and is focused on the service you've searched for in the member portal.
How does it work?
1. Search for care in the member portal
2. See pre-checked provider(s) in search results
3. Schedule appointment with provider for the service you searched for *Ask if any discounts apply to you*
4. Get care *Pre-checked providers for labs, imaging and facilities are often different, so check prices against Benefit Amount for other services or use a different pre-checked provider*
|5. Pay with your Sidecar Health VISA benefit card
6. Upload itemized medical invoice to the corresponding expense *Ensure the itemized medical invoice for this service includes the name of the pre-checked provider before uploading to the member portal.*
What do I do if I need a procedure or surgery?
We’ve pre-checked various affordable surgery centers and hospitals that are affiliated with your pre-checked provider. We call these, “pre-checked facilities”. Sometimes, the facility (where the surgery is performed), and the doctor (the physician who performs the surgery) are the same, and sometimes they are different.
In searching for medical procedures, look to see if there’s a pre-checked facility included in the search results.
No pre-checked facility listed
If there’s no pre-checked facility, you’re good to move forward scheduling your procedure with the pre-checked provider listed on the page.
Pre-checked facility listed
Take a look at the corresponding facility we have pre-checked and ask your provider if you can have your procedure or surgery performed at that location. Important to note: Don’t reach out to the pre-checked facility to schedule the procedure. Instead, ask the pre-checked provider to schedule your procedure or surgery to be performed at the listed pre-checked facility. In most cases, the facility listed is where the pre-checked provider would typically perform the procedure you need.
What is a pre-checked facility?
Pre-checked facilities are surgery centers or hospitals that are affiliated with pre-checked providers. If you need to schedule a surgery or procedure, and a pre-checked facility is listed in the member portal under the pre-checked provider, do not reach out to the pre-checked facility to schedule the procedure. Instead, ask the pre-checked provider to schedule your procedure or surgery to be performed at the listed pre-checked facility.
How do I find a provider in the practice?
In some cases, we have listed a provider group.
- Click on the link to the provider’s website.
- Navigate to the provider’s “find a doctor,” “physicians,” or similar section on the website.
- If you are looking for a specific specialty, make sure to filter/limit your search to providers of that specialty.
- If you’re ever unsure, call your Member Care team at (855) 282-0822
What do I do if my provider wants to refer me to a provider that hasn’t been pre-checked?
With Sidecar Heath, there are no networks. So, you’re always free to choose the provider that makes the most sense for you. If you want to be referred to a pre-checked provider, make sure to let your provider know where you would like to be referred.
You are always welcome to use our Provider Location Assistance service to help you understand your benefits for any provider. Please contact Sidecar Health at least 5 business days in advance of the scheduled appointment or procedure and ask for Provider Location Assistance.
What if I haven’t met my deductible?
The pre-checked provider price for the searched-for service will be less than or equal to the Benefit Amount. If the care you’re seeking applies to the deductible, you will be responsible for paying the provider charge. The Benefit Amount will then be applied to your deductible.
Can I see pre-checked providers for all care types?
When you see a pre-checked designation in the member portal, it applies exclusively to the specific service you searched for. If you’re looking for other types of care, conduct a new search to discover a corresponding pre-checked provider.
For example, a member scheduling a tonsillectomy in Cleveland might do the following:
- The pre-checked provider to remove tonsils is Ohio ENT and Allergy Physicians: This is where to find a doctor to perform the tonsillectomy
- The pre-checked providers for bloodwork are Labcorp and Quest Diagnostics: This is where to find providers to do the labs.
- The pre-checked facility for ear, nose and throat services is Ohio Surgery Center: This is where the doctor from Ohio ENT & Allery Physicians would perform the tonsillectomy procedure.
With Sidecar Heath, there are no networks. So, you’re always free to choose the provider that makes the most sense for you.
How do I pay for my care?
With your Sidecar Health VISA benefit card, you can always pay for any medical service up to $2,500. Check your member portal to confirm your swipe limit as it may be temporarily decreased if you have outstanding bills. You can also use your personal card and we will reimburse you. Call Member Care at (855) 282-0822 for assistance with your card.
Prefer to see a different provider?
That’s great, too.
Sidecar Health benefits are available to you for any provider of your choice, without restrictive networks. When you choose a provider who charges less than the Benefit Amount, you get to “keep the savings”. When you choose a provider who charges more than the Benefit Amount, you will be responsible for the difference. If the care you’re seeking applies to the deductible, you will be responsible for paying the provider charge. The Benefit Amount will then be applied to your deductible.